I Built a Couple of Ramps to Help Bring in the Wood...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
...and used my new finish nailer!
There'll be less lifting and will help my wife bring in the wood.

Attachments

• IMGP0219.jpg
    IMGP0219.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 386
Anything that makes wood hauling easier for her is a good thing.

???Does she have really small feet??? lol

Not trying to rain on your parade but... that doesn't look to me like it would help anyone, unless you were rolling rounds through the doorway?

that's a 'ramp' for a wheeled dolly of some sort ?

Is it removable ?

Anyone walking out could have a nasty fall on that if it stayed there all the time.

Yes, it is for a wheeled dolly.
It is removeable.
The bottom piece is a 2x8. If you know it's there, it doesn't seem to be too hard to step over.

In that case I retract my previously placed statement and would like to replace it with a ...Nice Job!!

Looks smart :)

It does make it easy to drag up the dolly filled with wood - otherwise I have to semi lift it.

It doesn't look that good though, but I'm not sure paint would improve it. :)

Your wife brings wood into the house? That is amazing in itself. I have to stock a wood ring near the stove, or the wife refuses.

Hey, believe me, it's not much and not often.
I feel I have to encourage this trend in any way I can though.

velvetfoot said:
Yes, it is for a wheeled dolly.
It is removeable.
The bottom piece is a 2x8. If you know it's there, it doesn't seem to be too hard to step over.

that's what it looks like : 2x8 / 2x6 / 2x4 / 2x2
I've had one for a dolly with bicycle wheels
(and a similar one for trucks to drive over the curb without damaging or compromising the stone)

I've also forgotten it was there and fallen on my arse.

You're only supposed to do those sorts of things once, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.