I cleaned the stove glass with.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used 0000 steel-wool with a few ashes and sometimes a spritz of cleaner for years. Works like a charm.

The old rusty Haugh's that I picked up to replace the current garage stove had sat in the elements for a year or two under a second story deck, the glass had lime scale on it....tiny bit of lime-away and it was clear again. I tried other things but they had little effect. Lime removing products can etch some things but I'm not sure about glass.

steve

I have Imperial stove glass cleaner, and I find it smells and looks like automotive pre-wax cleaner. I am wondering about using Meguiars!?

%-P

JV_Thimble said:
schwaggly said:
I had dirty glass my first year burning. Then I joined Hearth.com. I read the posts about ash & water. Then I read that if you burn hot and only dry wood there will be littlte to no need
to clean glass ever. It took me a while to get it but now its all good.

+1 on this. Dry wood and hot fire = little to no problems.

+2...I'll use 1 or 2 sheets of wet paper towel if/when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.