I could have had a pellet stove for the price of a wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered an englander wood stove from homedepot in June. I was advised to call a head to have the stove ready and waiting at the contractors counter. I did so.The stove was prepaid and all i had to do was show up with my truck. Homedepot loaded the stove boxed up and palleted onto my truck.As I was strapping it down I noticed that the very small print on the box said it was a pellet stove. I knew then it was a mistake and that they had given me a stove that was worth a $1000 more than what i had paid for. Being an honest person I notified the staff that it was the wrong stove, which they somewhat quickly exchanged (30 minutes later) I know in my heart i did the right thing, but sometimes i fantasize that I should have taken the pellet stove. These fantasies never last long as i know i couldn't live with myself if I had stolen the pellet burner. How many of you forum members would have acted as i acted? Honesty and integrity are of a much higher value than a $1000 rip off.
Honest Joe

It's easy to take advantage of human error, but harder to live with oneself afterward. What goes around comes around.

you did the right thing...sleep well at night.
they should have thrown some pellets onto your truck for honesty.

I own a pellet stove, but just bought an additional wood insert...I'm tired of the pellet supply hysteria.. chain saw and splitter and some new hobby time with my dog.....you made the right choice on two fronts.... honesty/integrity.. and self sufficiency.

atta boy

You're crazy- I would have loaded it up, gone back inside and demanded the wood stove I ordered. :lol:

Pellet stoves are fer wussies ;)

Hogwildz said:

Even if you have three wood stoves to go with it? :coolsmirk:

Joe you did the right thing....and I'm shocked pellet stoves are more expensive, I had no idea.

Joe,

You kept it on the level!
Nice job, your a damn good American.

Many people today would have taken the item and not said a single word.......

You Sir are a true gentleman!

Hiram

Joe, that was the only thing to do. Honesty is always the best policy. Thank you.

Thanks Backwoods Salvage...I do agree that honesty is the best policy for most cases, but when your wife or girlfrinend asks you if her pants make her ass look fat, I think it wise to say,"no honey you look beautiful"
Never underestimate the power of Women...while us men have gone on to 10 new topics , you can be sure your woman is still thinking about her fat ass. Be wise be Kind.
Just the advice of a many time loser with women, Joe

No Joe! It is still best to be honest. Like, "Oh honey, it looks just as good as it did when we first got married!" Then pat it for good measure.

Yes Joe. We think alike! I just added a little twist...or pat.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

Well dayum, if you have 3 wood burners, WTF do ya need a pellet for?
Well I guess you older folks like it hotter inside the home ;)

Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

Help dry up the drool. ;-P

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

Help dry up the drool. ;-P

LMFAO, along with the pants puddles? LMAO

Thanks for being honest Joe! I have arguments about this from time to time with folks. Some think that it is ok to STEAL because someone else makes a mistake.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.