I decided on new Drolet HT2000, need oversight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my DVL pipe from that outfit. Reputable.
Great tip. I looked at WoodStovepro and Northline Express and ended up ordering my DVL from Northline. They saved me some money.
I ordered my DuaPlus Basic Chimney Kit and Chimney Pipe from Northern Tool.

begreen- I ordered a Dr. Meter moisture meter from Amazon. I did forget to order the chimney sweep broom and will have to order that later.

Now I hope I didn't forget anything.

Thanks again to all of you. I'll keep you posted.

Bryan

Note that the DuraPlus pipe is 10" in diameter vs DuraTech 8" diam. chimney. Plan accordingly.

Note that the DuraPlus pipe is 10" in diameter vs DuraTech 8" diam. chimney. Plan accordingly.

That never occurred to me, I just went with the DuraPlus because that's the only brand they carried at Northern Tool. I suppose the thinner DuraTech would have probably looked nicer and been easier to work with, the price was much better so I just went with it. The stove and pipe should come in 7 to 10 days from Northern Tool. I just hope the DVL is in by then, cold weather could make things harder to do the install.

I've been wanting to ask you about cleaning the flue. I've read where someone said they cleaned a quart of creosol out of their flue, how do they measure that? Do they just stick a coffee can in the stove and brush the creosol down into the stove? Sorry about the odd question, I just don't know how that works.

Thank again,
Bryan

Depending on how close your clearances are between the stove pipe and combustible back-wall, you may be able to just use single wall with a heat shield. That's what I did in our cabin.
DSC09024.jpg

Depending on how close your clearances are between the stove pipe and combustible back-wall, you may be able to just use single wall with a heat shield. That's what I did in our cabin.
View attachment 168963

You did a very nice job on your stove install, that sure looks nice. I do like your stove.
I thought about the heat shield idea but went ahead with the DVL. With the stove I bought I'll still need to be 10" out.
That should also give me a little more area to work with not be so close to the eave.

I'm sure you'll get lots of enjoyment out of your setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.