1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I do weird things !

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    I "hunt and peck" about 50 WPM...but I turn off spellcheck cuz I just dont even want to know how badly I spell. Besides, a good old fashioned spelling deficiency makes for some funnies every now and again.

separate....i remember this one cuz i was taught "there's 'a rat' in separate".

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Man, You guys ARE weird!
    raybonz likes this.
  3. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    There's also a 'rat' in seperate. So how does that help? I like those types of helpful phrases.

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sue (Paranthesis, exponent, multiply, divide, add, subtract)

Suzy Can Tell Oscar Has A Hard On Always (a good trigonometery sine = opposite/hypotenuse, cosine = adjacent/hypotnuse, tangent = opposite/adjacent)
    raybonz likes this.
  4. bmblank

bmblank Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Huh, I've always used soh cah toa for that one.
  5. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    Not nearly as much fun, easy to remember, or to spell.
  6. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    We always eat our peas frozen...brought my kids up on them. Taste almost like fresh from the garden. Way better than cooked. Doesn't everyone eat their peas frozen? Great in salads. Great in chicken ot tuna salad too. Especially if stuffed in a nice large heirloom tomato. On a hot day. With cut green pepper and celery...I'm getting hungry...
    raybonz likes this.
  7. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    Count and do math a lot. Paces when I'm walking the dog....subconscious...Can be talking, thinking about othet things, suddenly 345 will register. Driving from Westchester to Ontario constantly recompute the ratio of miles driven to total miles, miles driven to miles remaining...EVERY MILE. on the boring thruway. Keeps me awake and makes the trip go faster:97/232 =aprox 100/230= approx 4% etc. Then I figure out how many miles make 1 % of the remaining trip. Then I figure out how many miles make 1 % of the entire trip. Then how many miles make 1 % of the trip from Utica to Hudson...then from Syracuse to Hudson; then the difference going through Tug Hill...get lousy radio reception, keeps me awake...oh, well. When I'm not tired, I actually think about things. When I'm tired, I compute.
  8. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    I also don't like stepping on sidewalk cracks. Yes, that stupid rhyme and it just turned into OCD...if I don't think about it, no biggie-but if I look down and see I'm doing it, I have to adjust my stride to be sure I am not stepping on cracks.
    raybonz likes this.
  9. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Something else I do is count the yellow lines on the road as I drive then I can't stop myself. UGH !

Pete
    raybonz likes this.
  10. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    I wasn't going to admit to this, but..
    I work out to the "Brazil Butt Lift" workout video's.
    My wife just rolls her eyes, but hasn't complained about NOT having to wash my Booty-Pop pants anymore, so there's that.
    ;em
    stoveguy2esw and raybonz like this.
  11. luv2byte

luv2byte Member

Loc:
    Southwest Washington state
    I got eyelash extensions today (hubby likes them, I'm undecided)....if you don't think that is weird I can say they FEEL weird, qualifies for weird.
    raybonz and Pallet Pete like this.
  12. blacktail

blacktail Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western WA
    I do that and other similar things, like count guard rail sections, or fence posts, or the number of cars in a section of road.
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  13. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Guilty ! Plus I count brands of vehicles types of cars/trucks/SUV's amount of cops and even trees down and standing.

Pete
    raybonz likes this.
  14. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    I try to use my brakes the least amount possible.. I calculate my MPG at every fill up because the trip computer is not accurate enough.. So far my brakes have 97,000 miles on them and the goal is to make 100,000 miles on the original brakes.. I like to know the temperature brought out to at least one decimal point.. I feel OCD is more widespread than people realize..

Ray
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  15. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    OK. Here's something I do that other people think is weird, but I don't:

I rub the toes of one foot back and forth across the toes ot the other constantly, whenever I am sitting down. Totally unaware I am doing it. Drives people crazy.

And I make a sort of humming, vibrating air noise in my ears at will whenever I want to dull outside noises a bit, or concenrtrate on anything. I actally thought everybody did this all the time, but recently found some people have no idea what I am talking about and can't seem to do it....Maybe the result of being 2nd eldest of 13 siblings....
    raybonz likes this.
  16. luv2byte

luv2byte Member

Loc:
    Southwest Washington state
    And I check my purse 2-3 times to make sure my keys are in my purse as I get out of my cars, even tho the two I drive will not lock without the keys out of the ignition.
    raybonz likes this.
  17. blacktail

blacktail Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western WA
    If we both do it, then maybe it's not so weird!
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  18. fox9988

fox9988 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Arkansas
    Everything I do/build has to be lined up,90 degrees, perfectly bisecting a 90 into two 45's, parallel, symemetric, etc. Took me forever to design my house.
  19. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Same way here. Symmetrical, orderly. Totally opposite of my life, which is funny. I build mostly Arts and Crafts style furniture with square, clean lines. We have two friends with Victorian houses and when I visit, in my mind, I just want to snap off every finial that to me looks excessive for furnishing. ;hm Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate nice architecture.
  20. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

No that just makes everyone else weird :D :p
    raybonz likes this.