I get to play this weekend....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WoodpileOCD said:
Good Deal..... we'll wait for the details (and pics/vids) hopefully

But not long. We have lived this soap opera for weeks. Gotta see the final episode. Including that Sierra chittin hot. Take'er up to 600, close the air down to 1/4 and watch the dancing blue flames under that baffle.

BB -Sierra burner from way back.

BrotherBart said:
WoodpileOCD said:
Good Deal..... we'll wait for the details (and pics/vids) hopefully

But not long. We have lived this soap opera for weeks. Gotta see the final episode. Including that Sierra chittin hot. Take'er up to 600, close the air down to 1/4 and watch the dancing blue flames under that baffle.

BB -Sierra burner from way back.

Yea! What he said....

pen said:
Good to hear. Just slid right down like a hot dog thrown down a hallway i bet :lol:

pen

I wish.

Yes, there is video of Hogwildz up on a boom lift going "wayyyy... woooooooooah" as the thing sways.

My statement that there were no mortar joints in the flue was... wrong.

Best moment: All of us (me, Hogz, & Mrs. Blue) standing in the driveway getting ready to slide the steel mesh wrapping around the insulation-wrapped liner. Mrs. Blue says, "Easy, guys... just put it on like pantyhose." Blank look between me & Hogz... Mrs. slid the mesh into place in 2 minutes.

Actually, that was second-best... best was finding out that Hogz did not know about my ... er, impairment... and just came down because he's a hell of a good guy. My original question of "How hard could this be?" was WAY off base... the job is not "hard", but it's a huge PITA. The problem is that the strapping 25-year-old Blue asked that question, but left it to the battered 42-year-old Blue to actually do it.

There are not enough beers on the planet for me to buy Hogz for his help.

bluedogz said:
pen said:
Good to hear. Just slid right down like a hot dog thrown down a hallway i bet :lol:

pen

I wish.

Yes, there is video of Hogwildz up on a boom lift going "wayyyy... woooooooooah" as the thing sways.

Best moment: All of us (me, Hogz, & Mrs. Blue) standing in the driveway getting ready to slide the steel mesh wrapping around the insulation-wrapped liner. Mrs. Blue says, "Easy, guys... just put it on like pantyhose." Blank look between me & Hogz... Mrs. slid the mesh into place in 2 minutes.

Actually, that was second-best... best was finding out that Hogz did not know about my ... er, impairment... and just came down because he's a hell of a good guy. My original question of "How hard could this be?" was WAY off base... the job is not "hard", but it's a huge PITA. The problem is that the strapping 25-year-old Blue asked that question, but left it to the battered 42-year-old Blue to actually do it.

That's awesome to hear that Hogwildz helped out like that.. I can tell he's a good guy and tries to help others here at the forum.. Actions speak louder than words and Mr. Wildz is to be commended for being a good Samaritan! Congrats I look forward to the pics and I tip my hat to Hogwildz..

Ray

bluedogz said:
pen said:

pen

I wish.

Just did what I hope others get the gumption to also do.
If I say I'll be there, you can bet I will.
I didn't know about your infliction Blue. I would have helped either way regardless. It did make me appreciate things more, and even more glad I came down to help.

Yes it was a PITA, but I was prepared for that, having done a few, I had an idea of how it would go.
We won't tell them about the step ladder set up LOL. Def "don't try this at home".
No beers necessary. If you ever get a chance in any way to help another, just pass it along.

You and the Mrs were very gracious and kind, and that is always appreciated.
The chili and donuts were awesome too. To hell with the beer, gimme food LOL.

How is the stove burning? Hope you feel safer and get even better performance now.

Ray,
I don't do this stuff for praise. Kind of embarrassed to hear praise, but it is nice.
I been here a few years now, and have helped a few members, and not sure why I just decide to do it, but just feel it is the right thing to do.
Maybe I am making up for my shortcomings earlier in life, who knows. It is nice to see the smile on someone's face when it is done, and they are like a little kid with a new toy, lighting the stove.
That look and excitement are priceless. And that alone makes it all worth while, and makes me feel good.

Jag,
I did hold a cat, and had it purring in no time. Was a very beautiful cat with blue eyes.
Made me think of Mikey. Still miss that lil fella. Have never gotten the feeling of wanting to replace him yet.
There is no replacing someone or something that I love that much. But the memories never fade.

I fully realize I can be a major ahole at times. I don't look to meet everyone's approval, or expect everyone to like me in life. But those that do get to know me, know I can be abrasive, yet when the time comes, I step up, and do what I gotta do. And yes, there is a softer side, that a rare few get to see.
Blue, I hope you enjoy the new set up. When time comes to install that new stove, just give a shout.
I'll have to bring my Angel down with me on the bike some day, and stop in to say hi.

Glad to be of help. Anytime.

You are a heck of a guy my friend. Get another kitty. Michelle, aka Little Bit, told me to say that.

But I would still want you with me in a bar fight. ;-P

BrotherBart said:
You are a heck of a guy my friend. Get another kitty. Michelle, aka Little Bit, told me to say that.

But I would still want you with me in a bar fight. ;-P

Working on getting my woman home, getting settled in and sometimes down the road. Maybe some pets.
I'd take some hits for ya anytime brother. Give a few also.

You're one heckuva guy Hog . . . kinda like a French baguette -- crusty on the outside and all soft on the inside. :) It's all right . . . we won't tell anyone.

Hogz- burning AWESOME. Right after you left, I loaded up on the coals we started and stuffed the stove until it couldn't hold another toothpick. Controlled the fire with the primary air louvers like a light switch, which has never happened before. I suppose that means it is drafting better- I was able to get the thermo up to 600 and just hold it there easy. Had I kept it going all night, I would have been on a 6-8 hour reload schedule instead of 2-3 like before.

And you're right... knowing what I know now, not sure I would do this myself. Next time around... probably rigid liner.

You saw the reason my going on the roof is a bad idea... one tail-over-tin-kettles loss of balance would negate any "savings."

Oh yeah . . . forgot to add . . . having lost a great cat . . . I understand . . . but while getting another cat or kitten doesn't replace the sense of loss from losing such a good friend (heck I cried more about losing this cat then I did with any real person . . . which my wife says is not normal) . . . getting another kitten has helped a lot -- especially when I see bits and pieces of my old cat's personality coming through in the new kitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.