I hope everyone is safe in this weather......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
One thing is for sure none of you will freeze to death!!!!!!

I'll be safe as long as I stay off the roads. WAAAAAAy to many people who are not taking the compromised road conditions seriously. Scary stuff, really.

GAMMA RAY said:
One thing is for sure none of you will freeze to death!!!!!!

Yeah, we won't freeze to death, but when it hit 0 and below, it felt like we might. Our stove is undersized in those extremes.
I want your stoves big brother.

I though I had too much stove, but I LOVE my Avalon 1190 insert in my 1200 sq ft house. Last night it was 19 here and the house was toasty all night (I did add some wood every 4 hours).

Robert

We were lucky in Northern Virginia. The bad weather was to our North and we hit temperatures in the mid 40's. Still have about 5 inches of snow in the front yard, but it is down from yesterday. Hoping for good weather on the weekend to saw some limbs from neighbors' trees. Good time for scrounging. I grew up in Nebraska, so I have a lot of sympathy with those who are riding out this storm. It's been a bad one.

It is about 0° here right now. The temps are rising. :coolhmm:

Jotul is cruising along loving the low temps. Room temp. is 78°. Only 2nd load of the day and won't need another load until tomorrow morning....Love it!!!

Especially after our first insert that was way undersized...On a day like today I would have had to load it at least 4 times and would have had to dump coals before being able to add more wood....Jotul burns it all up and keeps temps. up while it is doing it.

I bought bigger the second time around and have NEVER looked back!

THis is an advertisement/endorsement to buy BIGGER. You will not regret it and you will save yourself a lot of money....

My lesson was a bit expensive but I am making up for it now.

:coolsmile:

-22° when I woke up at 5:30 this morning. That's the lowest I can remember it ever being here. When I was a kid in Iowa, I had a morning paper route, and delivered in worse cold than this.

The good news is, we only got a couple inches of snow, and the sun will be back out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.