I just stole a Summit!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funnyfarm

Hearth Supporter
Jan 8, 2009
Eastern Iowa
Hi all. This is my first post, but I've been reading here for about 6 months. (obsessively the wife says) I just want to thank everyone for all of the great information and knowledge that you have shared. Anyway, I just picked up my new PE Summit classic. Whorehouse red with nickel legs, door, and trivet. (Roospike would be proud!) Got the floor display-never burned in, for $1682.24. Pretty good deal, I think. Just had to share my excitement with people who actually care! Thanks again to everyone for such a great site.

Good for you, I have my eye out for a deal too, found one on a Kuma but it doesnt fit into my fireplace, so the hunt goes on......

congrats on the stove funnyfarm, may you light it's fire for a long time.

As the one who named that color "Whorehouse Red" I welcome you to the forum. Enjoy that big puppy.

Don't know what ever happened to Spike. He went away one day and just never came back. Gunner too.

BrotherBart said:
As the one who named that color "Whorehouse Red" I welcome you to the forum. Enjoy that big puppy.

Don't know what ever happened to Spike. He went away one day and just never came back. Gunner too.

after buying a stove in that red color they went into the pimping biz. didnt need to burn any more

Funnyfarm said:
...Just had to share my excitement with people who actually care!

I don't actually care. :p But I certainly welcome you to the forums, and congratulate you on getting a great stove you like at a great price you like. We're gonna be expecting some installation pics. In color, of course! Rick

THIS IS THE POLICE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE ILLEGALLY OBTAINED SOMEONE ELSES PROPERTY!!
PLEASE TURN OVER THE STOVE IMMEDIATELY!!! PM ME FOR FURTHER INFO!

I don't believe you til you post some pictures to prove it. ;-)

I too look forward to seeing this! In the right room, I can imagine it being very attractive.

pen

Congratulations ff and welcome. Yes, you got a steal of a deal for sure. That stove will keep you warm and cozy from now on. I kind of like the red Summits. More of a cranberry red to me, but, I've never seen the wall color of a whorehouse to make the comparison.

BeGreen said:
...More of a cranberry red to me, but, I've never seen the wall color of a whorehouse to make the comparison.

They're not all the same color. Some do tend toward cranberry. BB told me. Rick

Rumor has it that some Holiday Inns use the same decorator....

The name for the color wasn't a guess. :coolgrin:

What is a "whorehouse"? *inquiring wide open puppy dog eyes*

According to Webster's:
Noun 1. whorehouse - a building where prostitutes are available
Adjective 1. A shade of red, most commonly used to convince a woman that a wood stove would look good in her dining room.

Hope this helps! ;-)

Funnyfarm said:
(Roospike would be proud!)

Holy crap, you have been doing some reading if you are back into the Roospike archives. Spike hasn't been here in a couple of years. And as to the color, I hope yours doesn't fade like the original walls did. They really should be painted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.