I keep Getting too hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bump for this great thread. I am just now reading it so I figure there are a lot of others have missed it as well.

Don't really have anything to new to add to the discussion but thanks to all who did.

BeGreen said:
This thread sounds like when I heard folks recommending average drivers go out and get a Charger with a 440 hemi in it. It takes a delicate touch to run either beast unless you are on a straight road or it's pushing zero outside.
440 would have been a wedge, you want the 426 street hemi correct?

Danno77 said:
Been doing something slightly different because I found that if I pull all the coals forward I have to reach over them to place the splits in the stove. Decided that I would try sliding all coals to the right hand side, instead, and then load in a N/S fashion. I am finding that this works VERY well for long even burns at low temps. To get higher temps all I have to do is load a split on top of the coals, too. And leave the door open a crack to let that split get engulfed, and then run as normal.
the cigar burning for E/W and N/S works well, but my favorite method is that which I posted before (that's why I'm quoting it again). I really wouldn't have tried that without the sound advice from more experienced members on this forum (*cough*BB*cough*). It really makes sense that if you make a row of coals in the middle then stack on either side of that row (and on top of it) then you would really be lighting off too many new splits all at once. attacking the new load from one side or the other seems to be the main key to keeping it under control and systematically burning through the load...

Status
Not open for further replies.