I know I shouldn't have...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquion

Burning Hunk
Oct 7, 2012
Portland, CT
I was in the middle of running a whole bunch of errands yesterday when I stopped at Home Depot in Middletown, CT to pick up some pellets. I had stopped in a few weeks ago to check what brand they had, and the woman at the counter told me they had Stove Chow. The Chow worked well for me last year, so I was happy. When I asked at the counter yesterday, they only had Green Supremes. I know I shouldn't have bought a ton, but they were only $219. Also, I didn't feel like making the trip out to BT in Bristol. Hopefully they will get me through the early part of the heating season.

Luckily the enviro will make heat out of them. I burned a ton and half of them last year. They worked, but when real winter came i was happier with everything else.

Popular brands seldom stay in stock unless you are fairly close to the pellet plant. For me, I like MWP and they are near here so we seem to get good deals. My HD is delivering my five tons with free delivery.

Last edited:
NEWP and GS don't get much love from us here. I won't get into the details on that! But if you can score them at a reasonable price they will burn. Plus the M55 is very tolerant and isn't pellet picky. It will burn them. Just don't expect anything outstanding from them and you'll be fine.

I've been burning the Green Supremes for a few weeks now, and I have no complaints. It's 34 degrees outside right now, and the stove on its lowest setting is keeping the house warm. The GSs don't seem to be ashier than anything I used last year. I must have bought a good batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.