I may be making a mistake...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welo...had a new Mt. Vernon AE installed last week and it's night and day over the XXV! No more grunts, rotisserie grinds and tinkles causing distractions in the room...the elephant has been tamed! If this were a perfect world I'd add some dynamic speed regulation to the AE's heat exchange blower. It tends to hunt for a sweet spot at times mimicking the sound of gusting wind. In addition, my wife is visually impaired and a nice big on-off button (switch?) would be helpful instead of the thermostat dance. Not complaints...just new user observations.

We still think the XXV is a better looking stove (and it never failed us) but the refinements of the AE more then offset the looks. It's almost like all development stopped on the XXV when Harmon was purchased and a "good enough" attitude was adopted.

My 2 cents,

They are both great stoves with their own small issues.

eric

Status
Not open for further replies.