i need to identify my 2 new stoves,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aqualady6866

Nov 1, 2014
Pritchett, CO 81064
I just picked up 2 old woodburners, i have some info to share from one of them,, but the other has no identification at all,,, i searched online to see if i could vind anything close,,, no luck,, so here i am to you wonderful folks,,,the first one is,,,,,,,,,Orbon Stove Co Bellville Ill Circulator 138 M sec.2 38 cir.. that is all i found on it ,, would like to know year,,,,, the other is just pics i have,, thank you all in advance for helping,,

Attachments

• woodburner 5.jpg
    woodburner 5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 308
  • woodburner 3.jpg
    woodburner 3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 228
  • woodburner 4.jpg
    woodburner 4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 237
  • woodburner 6.jpg
    woodburner 6.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 237
  • big burner 3.jpg
    big burner 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 243
  • big burner 2.jpg
    big burner 2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 219
  • big burner 4.jpg
    big burner 4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 240
That is a beautiful old stove! I don't know anything about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone who does, tells you it is a coal burner.

Pretty sure the second one is a coal burner first might be post a pic of the interior of both that will tell us

first one looks to be a Parlor Stove

well they are both parlor stoves a parolr stove is just an upright stove with a small foot print and they are generally relativly decoratice with a nice finish.

Ive seen alot of parlor stoves but most almost always have a crack in them somewhere from being over fired or dropped at one time or another.

You would do better contacting one of Antique Stove restorers about these stove. The Orbon looks fairly complete. The other looks like it's missing its cabinet.

Orbon made stoves up through the 1950's. Back in the days of that parlor stove their slogan was "as good as gold."

Status
Not open for further replies.