I run the oil furnance for 1/2 hour per night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

control1

Aug 24, 2008
bucks co pa
I find it evens out the temp in the house and beats running fans continously where I still would have cold spots also the upstairs bedrooms are freezing so by running the oil heat for a 1/2 hour seems my best route.The house is an even 69 I then turn off the oil heat . Any opinions on this subject

You gotta do what is best for you!

I shut the pellet stove off to clean and
run my oil furnace for a whole night
once a month.

Yardley...... I have done that too.... It works pretty good as a quick boost and evens things out pretty good..... About 30 minutes does it for my house too..... I have oil fired hot water cast iron radiators..... They stay hot a long time........

Once the nighttime temp drops to the mid 20s or below, I run my oil furnace for an hour once a night.

well, that was last year. I got a new oil furnace put in over the summer. Maybe the new furnace will do the job faster
(I was told by the cleaner that my 80+ year old dinosaur burner was badly corroded on the inside. I couldn't double check because after the cleaning, the service guy had to epoxy the doors back in place)

Status
Not open for further replies.