1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I Tried A Couple of New Toys Today...

Post in 'The Gear' started by Ralphie Boy, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    I'm a sucker for toys!;em So I tried 2 new ones today while cutting wood my neighbor gave me (see the Woodshed post "Ask and Ye Shall Receive"). I used a pair of Lockhart log grabbers for 18 to 21" logs and the Mingo firewood marker.

The Lockhart grippers are absolutely awesome! I can't get my little tractor to where I was cutting so I had to carry the wood about 100 yards to where I can tractor it out. I carried 2 rounds at a time with no problem. Moved that wood in nothing flat and with not a whole lot of effort. You need these!

The Mingo is not bad, most likely worth the sale price of about $25. I need a better can of paint as the can I used was about 2 years old and its spray was a bit on the week side. It did do just what it said it would do, just the paint marks could have been heavier.

I don't work for Bailey's, Lockhart, Mingo or any of their marketing companies! I'm just a sucker for toys!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Vande

Vande Member

Loc:
    Northern NH
    I have used the mingo for a few years and like all the rounds and splits the same size, nice for stacking.
  3. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Do the18 to 21" grabbers work on logs smaller than 18"
  4. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Yup, they make them for logs down to 14" I believe. See Bailey's website.