I wanna me a boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Typ0

Feeling the Heat
Dec 18, 2014
Central New York
Perhaps this is going to be speak taboo at hearth there isn't anywhere to post this....but I think I want a coal fired boiler. The reason is I can deliver the heat to different locations and I would like some fuel to be ready to go after I get a truckload dumped into a room adjacent to the boiler. My dads family came from Anthricite PA I can remember the room in the basement where they dump the coal. I want that here and have building it running through my head.

For you people who own these outdoor boilers what do you figure of this idea?

There is a site on the net that specifically deals with coal burners. You may get some answers there. There are also some former coal burners here so they may chime in. Not much of a crowd doing what you are talking about with coal here.

Exactly, Thanks Jason! You are all right for a Buckeye. LOL! I can say that since all of mom's family is from and still live in OH. Most are OSU grads too so we give each other grief. I was having a problem remembering the name but I have been there tooling around before. Thanks Again!

Exactly, Thanks Jason! You are all right for a Buckeye. LOL! I can say that since all of mom's family is from and still live in OH. Most are OSU grads too so we give each other grief. I was having a problem remembering the name but I have been there tooling around before. Thanks Again!

Thanks guys it's appreciated!

No problem. I've looked around on that site before. A wealth of information there. Kinda like here just coal based.

I lived in Dublin for 3 months when I graduated college. Coming from a farm community, too busy and too many people for me in Columbus. Awesome city though.

Status
Not open for further replies.