1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I want my 4.5 cuft Cat Cast Iron Stove and I want it NOW.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Jags, Aug 3, 2012.

1. kingquad

kingquad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    I want a Chinook 40 or an Equinox cat with thermostat. I like cast stoves, but I don't think it would look right in my new place.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    The new Lopi hybrid has a 3cu ft fire box according to their Facebook page. Waiting on burn time info. Its a good looking stove IMO.

Lopi says 12 hour burn time :(
  3. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    There is nothing nuts about it. The ability to run an 80+ lb load at 300° is a beautiful thing. So is being able to run at 750° when needed. Two day burns or not, doesn't matter to me, but BK's air control is outstanding. The only negative is that it would be a BIG stove, though clearances are relatively tight on the king. My house is only around 1600 sq ft, but the stove is in a big room, so it works for me.

Given the price tag of their ugly stove, I'd hate to see what a purty cast one would cost.