Identifying an Old Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimnorth

Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Chestertown, MD
I was wondering if anyone here recognizes this old wood/coal stove. It has been in my dad's possession for over 50 years and used to be used to heat the office at his woodworking business. The firebox door used to have glass in it, but apparently the glass was broken and a thin piece of aluminum flashing was inserted in its place. -- Thanks

stove1.jpg

stove2.jpg

stove3.jpg

Sears?

no idea, but it looks to be a coal unit to me , thinking the "crank" on the side is a shaker of some sort. pretty stove , needs some cosmetic work but with the pictures its hard to determine any underlying issues, also appears that somthing that used to be mounted on the back of the unit is missing. lastly , i'd want to know for sure what kind of metal was put in place of that glass before i put it in service or maybe have the plate measured and replace it with pyroceramic glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.