If "needs" weren't involved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With a free grand I would have to watch Craig List for a heaver trailer to haul the bob cat.

I would stock my bar with some top shelf everything....since we are dealing with imaginary money here....

I think I have all the stuff I need. Maybe I could come up with some kind of lift or hoist to lift rounds onto the flatbed for a grand? I might even give in and buy a hydraulic splitter..nah. I just figured it out, I'd like a couple nice strong 4 wheel carts that I could pull with the garden tractor, load with wood, and park on my front porch.

Log lift, 6 way slip over wedge and I have an old Ramsey hydraulic winch that I'd like to make work on the 3 pt.

Don't know. In the last three weeks I have bought the Chusky saw, the 800 watt 2 stroke generator and an electric log splitter. Didn't NEED any of them but wanted them.

I find the things I want these days all involve being lighter than what I already have or powered items for when the old bones don't cooperate with manual stuff.

Woodstove related: New chainsaw and some safety items

Other: Game camera, nerf bar and bull bar for my truck and a few toys (computer games, Loveless vacuum cleaner attachments, etc.)

Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:
If you had $1,000 bucks and there was nothing you NEEDED, but you had a long list of wants, what would you get? Pretend you aren't gonna invest or save it.

I'll go first: I think I might buy a new saw if I could. Like a megasaw, one that would last me forever, or until i get too old to pick it up. What's a 660 run? Something like that. Or maybe a splitter. Tough call, but probably something along those lines.

Anybody else have something in mind? Just wondering how many people in this world would buy saw related stuff they don't need. Also just cause it's fun to see where people's interests lie.

A grand won't crack my want list.

I bought the exact stove I want 3 years ago ($1800 - could have got the plain model for $1200) and the exact saw I want last summer ($967 Probably could have got something suitable in the $700 range). And I don't give 2 sh_ts about a splitter.

Also, a grand won't bring home a 660 - at least not a new one - but it'll get you into a 440/441/460

Didn't know you could get a stone stove for 1800$$$

I'd rebuild the hearth to fit a BK princess, or buy a hydro splitter. Might be time to pump up the HP from my powerstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.