1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Igniter for my St. Croix York insert

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Clay H, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Clay H

Clay H Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Oklahoma
    My igniter bit the dust after 8 years finally. The store where I bought my stove wants $140 for a new one, does this seem a tad expensive? I would think these could be found for $50 or so? Anyone know a source to check?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    I had my 12 year old ignitor die last winter... had to bite the bullet since the St Croix ignitor has a collar that won't allow you to use a generic one...
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

4. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    My wife's been looking for a newer, longer version too come to think about it....
  5. Snowmobileaddict

Snowmobileaddict New Member

Loc:
    Cedarburg, WI
    Take it out and get a good look at it. It most likely will have a manufacturers name and part number. The igniter for my Bosca 500 lists for over $125 from the stove maker. Its less than $20 from dozens of online MRO merchants like Grainger or others.

here is mine, its just held in by 2 setscrews. 3/8" diameter 300watt. a lot of igniters are simply sized by diameter, wattage and length.

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00075657...kw={keyword}&gclid=CNjy1e7Y8LMCFYs7MgodhS8Auw
  6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    His has a special mount attached to it as a unit. Scott Williamson posted an alternative setup on here some time ago allowing a grainger unit to be used.
  7. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    That's one bbfarm.

I remember that thread but I think there is another one as well. Finding it is another matter sometimes.

This question comes up often and frequently a standard cartridge can be found and adapted, grainger also caries the loop units IIRC.

They also can cross reference things for you
  9. Clay H

Clay H Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Oklahoma
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.