Length of Igniter for St Croix Hastings - pre and post 2003

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jim Kassal

Jan 8, 2019
Charlton, MA
I have a question regarding lengths of igniters for the St Croix Hastings stove. The length changed after 2003. My stove is newer and needs the shorter igniter. I bought a part that has the same part number as the one listed in my owners manual: 80P52677R. But it is too long. I don't know if the part I received was not really 80P52677R of if the part number in my manual was an error. The alternative part number is 80P52727R. But I have seen reference to that part as being for the older (pre 2003) stoves. Can anyone tell me which part number is for the shorter igniter?

Everything I see, the older ones use the shorter one. And th e677r is th eshorter one. Probably mis packaged.