Igniter Problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riken

Jul 20, 2008
Cumberland, RI
I have a Harman Accentra insert, 3 1/2 years old. After 3 or 4 minutes the augur stops and the feed motor light shuts off. The igniter light stays on but the burn pot is cold to the touch. Does my igniter need to be replaced or is something else causing this problem?

Do the pellets eventually light?

My auger and feed light runs straight for a couple minutes to fill the pot and then it sort of pulses on for a second quickly and then off for a little while and then repeats. It doors this only a couple times before it catches and lights.

Check resistance with a meter, should be between 45-49 ohms. If it is different, replace the igniter.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.