Igniter woes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickster

Jul 19, 2008
CT
Quad Mt. Vernon. First igniter lasted 2.5 years. Second one lasted exactly one year. Last one lasted 3 months!! I am wondering if i can get either the dealer or Quad to help pay for a new igniter and maybe the revised burn pot? Anyone else been through this? I only run the stove on manual, with premium pellets and I keep the stove clean. Frustrated.

frustrated....understood. Try contacting Quad directly, as most dealers dont offer warrantees above and beyond what the manufacturer does.....thats alot of igniters in such a short time......i commiserate.

Make sure it is being installed properly.
There was a discussion here a while back about improper installation shortening ignitor life.
just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.