ignitor works but not as good as it used to

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cncpro

Jun 29, 2008
NE Connecticut, USA
Just in case anybody is having a similar issue I figured I'd share this.

My Quadrafire CB1200 (freestanding) has been missing some ignitions this (3rd season since new) year. I noticed that if I kept the burn pot meticulously clean I had better results but still way too many misses and waking up to a cold house...

I finally decided to replace the igniter and see if that helps. I ordered from www.woodheatstoves.com and was thrilled with their extremely fast shipping.

Now after a couple days with the new one we haven't missed a single ignition and I am happy.

It was a bit of a hassle to change and I ended up removing the burn pot to get enough room for my fat hands to attach the ceramic wire nuts and of course I destroyed Quad's crappy burn pot gasket in the process but was able to make a new one out of a sheet of fel-pro ceramic exhaust manifold gasket which seems to be holding up nicely so far.

You know they could come up with a gasket that doesn't self-destruct if they wanted to >:-( That fel-pro gasket sheet was the best $12 I've ever spent and seems quite re-usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.