I'm-a gettin the itch!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
I am gettin anxious to see this snow melt. No no no, not solely because I am sick of this icy weather, more so for being anxious to start my next years wood supply! I wanna hear the hum of the Husky, the roar of the splitter and the thunk thunk of stacking the wood.. Nothing beats a 60 degree sunny spring day, with the new smells of freshly cut logs and the picture perfect wood piles..God I love it!!!

I'd much rather do the wood cutting when the temperature is in the 30's or even high 20's. Great working weather then and a great time to be in the woods.

Besides, by the time the temperature rises, birds are trying to build nests and it is good to not disturb them. Also, I usually have Spring fever about then and feel too lazy to be cutting firewood.

I'm with the savage. My chainsaw has an automatic cutoff switch that keeps it from working above 50 degrees. My fishing poles and golf clubs have a similar feature that cuts them off when it gets below 50 degrees...

no way for me to really do it now. 2' of snow on the ground and I have to climb up a steep mtn behind my house that I own to get to me trees!

Don't mind working in the woods with a slight snow cover, but for me, just about anytime is good. I'm with you AWB, just love being in the woods, smell of wood, howl of the saw, that good physical work satisfaction, and there's just too much snow to do that right now. PITA for wood cuttin, specially since I pretty much just collect standing and lying dead.

Been too much snow here also. We're patiently waiting for some to melt as I'd like to get more cut before I start splitting. So much snow I can't even get to the splitting stack right now. Hurry March!!! Hurry Spring!!!!

I have already started and almost finished my wood collecting for next season. The funny thing is I haven't even purchased the stove yet. Probably over the summer. I do have a fireplace but its a waste. After moving from my old house with a wood stove I am iching to start burning again. Love the heat from wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.