I'm looking for a US 6039 Blower motor 80472

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goode2shoes

Dec 23, 2011
Southern IN
I got this unit used and was told up front that the blower could go out before the end of this winter.

I removed it, used wire brush to break loose the built up dirt/dust/lint, etc., used air compressor and blew out under the fan blades, etc. and used 3 in 1 oil on all the shafts, used air compressor to make the fan blades spin so it might take the oil into the areas I could not reach, flipped the motor over and did the same thing on the opposite side.

Re-installed motor and started stove.

That work/maintenance did stop the whine/screech I had in the beginning, but when I shut down the stove for the next cleaning and started it back up, I could hear a whine/screech sound just as the stove started up.

So I am now shopping for a new blower motor.

Of course I looked at US Stove and gasped at their price. Checked out Ebay, Amazon, Grainger, etc.

Are those the only places to look for the motors?? Where does everyone else go to get replacement parts?

You didn't say what the price was that was from USStove.....I found one here for $160.

BTW, if you get the actual numbers off the motor itself, you might be able to just replace that, instead of the whole blower assembly.....the price you quoted was for the motor AND blower. Grainger should be able to match-up a motor if you bring it in to them.

http://a1stoves.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15671

Status
Not open for further replies.