I'm Pretty Sure I Could Do This...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
About two years ago I was faced with almost that identical situation. Without hesitation I went to my most reliable tool - my Visa Card. This allowed me to rent a boom lift and cut the tree apart piece by piece. Easy.

Here’s the scenario if I would of attempted that feat: The tree would of fallen against the power pole gotten tangled in any overhead lines :oops:, the pole would of flexed & tossed the tree back onto the house/garage mangled that roof & structure <>, then rolled onto the small shed, the house/garage would of slowed momentum enough that the small shed would hold up the tree off the ground:confused:,So then I’m not sure what would made me madder; all the destruction or the fact the tree still wasn’t on the ground. !!!. I saw all this play out in my mind before I ever played the video, must be based on some of my past experiences, mine or some I was involved with. ::-)

Reactions: Happy Stacker
The stakes are pretty high on this one. I've dropped many trees with that kind of accuracy, but never with those tight tolerances and that much risk. That was a very hairy felling.

Impressive fortitude. Anyone that regularly fells trees can hit a window that wide... most of the time.

All I own is assless chaps, so there's that.

Reactions: Happy Stacker