I'm seeing a lot of pellets burried in the ice and snow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
I'm guessing that the price should drop pretty quickly now. I have enough for this year but if I see $150 I will buy next years and store it.

lecomte38 said:
.....but if I see $150 I will buy next years and store it.

Hey, we can hope for that, but my guess most places will just sit on them before selling at that price....I think most places (except maybe big box?) paid more for the pellets than that, and wouldn't lose $ on them. We'll see........

Maybe not...but you can sure hope...eh? That's what I tell myself when I buy my $3 worth of Mega Millions tickets.

BTU said:
macman said:
lecomte38 said:

Hey, we can hope for that, but my guess most places will just sit on them before selling at that price....I think most places (except maybe big box?) paid more for the pellets than that, and wouldn't lose $ on them. We'll see........

Nobody in NE can buy pellets for $150..not even the big boxes...not even close...you would see several mills close before the price got anywhere near that .......

I'll bet we see some $220 a ton. May take till spring. But if there not moving, That would be one way to move them. Granted this will not be for the super brands. But they may crack the $250 mark. Again this would be leftover pellets. Not fresh from the mill. Too bad I don't have storage for large amounts! :mad:

Wonder what our spring prebuy prices will be like?

jtakeman said:
I'll bet we see some $220 a ton. May take till spring. But if there not moving, That would be one way to move them. Granted this will not be for the super brands. But they may crack the $250 mark. Again this would be leftover pellets. Not fresh from the mill. Too bad I don't have storage for large amounts! :mad:

$225 / ton until 12/15/09 Cash & Carry* 1 ton Thats what they are going for in Massena New York.

http://www.curranpellets.com/purchase.html

Zap

I got a ton of Clean Energy (I think that's what they are) from Lowe's in Batavia, NY for $204 last month when they were running their $25 off per ton sale.

zapny said:
.....$225 / ton until 12/15/09 Cash & Carry* 1 ton Thats what they are going for in Massena New York........

Zap, that's because Massena is right near the North Pole, right? ........or at least it felt that way the last time I was up that way in the winter. ;-)

jtakeman said:

I know of pellets at $219/ton, in MA, TODAY. As for Spring prebuy.......most pellet mills have curtailed that program, so dont expect too much this spring for "prebuy".........used to be the mills would give the retailer a discount if buying in the spring, whi9ch the retailers would pass on.......not in 2010, as the story goes....

I got them at $210 a ton from a guy in Mt. Poconos. You can find him in Craigslist (PA, Poconos). He has trailers full! He must buy them in the summer and stores them until the winter.

DannMarr said:
I got them at $210 a ton from a guy in Mt. Poconos. You can find him in Craigslist (PA, Poconos). He has trailers full! He must buy them in the summer and stores them until the winter.
What brand?

BTU said:
macman said:
lecomte said:
I'm guessing that the price should drop pretty quickly now. I have enough for this year but if I see $150 I will buy next years and store it.
Here you go lecomte....all you have to do is drive to Idaho.......

http://boise.craigslist.org/for/1489981799.html

"Just under our premium grade"...with just a tad more ash....Better have him define " a tad more" ....sounds like industrial grade which might have up to 3% ash...which is just "a tad more"

Ah, Whats a little ash among friends? :lol:

For $120 a ton maybe its bags of dirt. To far for it to be worth it for me. But I would try them. Not saying I would be happy with them. Got to have lots a HEAT for me to be happy.

BTU said:
macman said:
lecomte38 said:

Nobody in NE can buy pellets for $150..not even the big boxes...not even close...you would see several mills close before the price got anywhere near that .......
I beg to differ you can you can buy pellets for 150.00 per ton or less but have to add frieght.

BTU said:
macman said:
lecomte38 said:

Less than 3-5 yrs ago we saw that price, it's all a scam like everthing else..
I was buying pellets from Sams Club for $134 less than 5 yrs ago

BTU, sound like you work for New England Pellet or a pellet mill

Of course your prices are high, your getting pellets from 1500 miles away, whats wrong with local Montreal based Fireside Ultra's?

I remember early years getting pellets made by Stow Chow North Adams Mass, last batch i got before at the time they closed? they had a bad sharp smell, i emailed them and they said we got sawdust from Western Canada, smelled like Piss!

Status
Not open for further replies.