In and burning, thank you!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheaperthanYou

Feb 11, 2013
Levittown
Thank you all for you knowledge and help with installing my insert. I installed the century cb00005 with all of your help. block off plate, and insulated and 6" liner. sealed and insulated at the top also. In my 1947 Levit Ranch.

I got the unit used from CL at the end of last year for $450 with the liner and caps. This past weekend the install as finalized and the burring began with some silver maple that was seasoned for 14 months. A few small fires to make all my checks and the house was very toasty. Last night I loaded it up and lowered the throttle all the way down. House was in the upper 60's when I woke up and started a new fire with just some small kindling. I still need to get a thermometer.

Thanks for all the help

I love the way it looks. Just need to finish the hearth now. Its on a slab house so don't be worried. (my wife loves the heat but hates the look. she already wants to upgrade to a Osburn matrix, or VC Montpelier) IMG_2431.JPG

Rock and roll! Great results on the cheap :)

Great setup at a great price

I love my Montpelier. Heats my house perfectly. But for 400 dollars, I think you did really well. You'll see your savings add up fast!

Last edited:
Give it a little time and your wife might just "warm up" to the stove. If not - what the heck - time for a new toy. Whooohooo.

you got that right, heat on the cheap. enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.