1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

In and burning, thank you!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by CheaperthanYou, Nov 12, 2013.

1. CheaperthanYou

CheaperthanYou New Member

Loc:
    Levittown
    Thank you all for you knowledge and help with installing my insert. I installed the century cb00005 with all of your help. block off plate, and insulated and 6" liner. sealed and insulated at the top also. In my 1947 Levit Ranch.

I got the unit used from CL at the end of last year for $450 with the liner and caps. This past weekend the install as finalized and the burring began with some silver maple that was seasoned for 14 months. A few small fires to make all my checks and the house was very toasty. Last night I loaded it up and lowered the throttle all the way down. House was in the upper 60's when I woke up and started a new fire with just some small kindling. I still need to get a thermometer.

Thanks for all the help

I love the way it looks. Just need to finish the hearth now. Its on a slab house so don't be worried. (my wife loves the heat but hates the look. she already wants to upgrade to a Osburn matrix, or VC Montpelier) IMG_2431.JPG
    lopiliberty and PapaDave like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Paul L

Paul L Member

Loc:
    Westcliffe, CO
    Rock and roll! Great results on the cheap :)
  3. USMC80

USMC80 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Great setup at a great price
  4. Sons924

Sons924 Member

I love my Montpelier. Heats my house perfectly. But for 400 dollars, I think you did really well. You'll see your savings add up fast!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  5. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Give it a little time and your wife might just "warm up" to the stove. If not - what the heck - time for a new toy. Whooohooo.
  6. My Oslo heats my home

My Oslo heats my home Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    you got that right, heat on the cheap. enjoy!
  7. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    Nice score!
    keep us posted about the units performance over time.
    (not a lot of reports out there!)