in need of some help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

603Shawn

Oct 4, 2014
Manchester
I have a Quadra Fire Sante Fe. I constantly have a lazy flame when my stove runs on high. Not so much on medium or low. I clean it very well all the time including all "air holes" in pot. Im wondering if my control box is on the right number. My adjustable door in my hopper is all the way down so minimal pellets are allowed in. Super confused. Excuse my knowledge of names of parts I'm new to this and this site. Thanks in advance

I have a Quadra Fire Sante Fe. I constantly have a lazy flame when my stove runs on high. Not so much on medium or low. I clean it very well all the time including all "air holes" in pot. Im wondering if my control box is on the right number. My adjustable door in my hopper is all the way down so minimal pellets are allowed in. Super confused. Excuse my knowledge of names of parts I'm new to this and this site. Thanks in advance

Unplug the stove (or turn off power to it). When you plug it back in, count the number of blinks from the blue light on the control box. You should see 6 blinks every ten seconds on a Santa Fe.

You say the stove is clean. How about the exhaust vent pipe?

Yes stove pipe is clean also. And yes there are 6 blinks from the control board. Its weird when the blower is on any other setting other than high it works fine.

Is the door gasket in good shape? A lazy flame is usually an air flow problem: either partially blocked exhaust or an air leak at the door, bypassing the burnpot

Check your exhaust cap.

Yep, sounds like not enough O2! There is enough for a low flame but when you crank up the feed not enough oxygen for good combustion!
For the sante fe it can draw from underneath the stove with a plugged oak so I doubt it.

For the sante fe it can draw from underneath the stove with a plugged oak so I doubt it.
Yup, the Castile is the same way. I don't know how well it would run on high though (and a few owners have sealed it up). It was a long-shot, this stove may not even have an OAK.

Have you cleaned the combustion blower and checked it's gasket for leaks?

When its on medium the flames is about at its highest point maybe 6inches above burn pot. When on high its touching the roof

If everything is clean, all gaskets are good, venting was installed correctly, the stove has plenty of air (either oak or taking in room air from a house that isn't super tight, if it is room air issue try cracking a nearby window while it is running to see if it improves) I would see about how to get more airflow. The motors on those stoves always seemed under powered to me. I personally would try swapping out the current combustion motor for a harman combustion motor. Also I believe I have heard don2222 talk about getting exhaust paddles for the quads that have more fins for more air movement, but if the motor is underpowered to begin with that may or may not help.

Is there suppose to be a gasket between fire pot and unit? I own a 2005 Santa Fe. I lookedon google and it says never models. Cant find out what newer models refers to.

Make sure when you put a gasket under pot, that you put some high temp anti-Seize grease on bolts when re-installing pot. Will save you a headache down the road if they come out now. kap

Reactions: 603Shawn
Status
Not open for further replies.