inconsistant fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
I have a older Whitfield Advantage and the fire surges. I mean when the pellets tray get some in it flames up and burn that pile down and then almost goes out then the pellets build back up again and burns till it almost goes out. The cycle is about 5 minutes.This goes on all nite till I shut down in the morning. Every thing has been cleaned and the flu pipe is brand new. I adjusted the dampener for every position and nothing seems to help. Is this normal or what should I do? bjr23

bjr23 said:
I have a older Whitfield Advantage and the fire surges. I mean when the pellets tray get some in it flames up and burn that pile down and then almost goes out then the pellets build back up again and burns till it almost goes out. The cycle is about 5 minutes.This goes on all nite till I shut down in the morning. Every thing has been cleaned and the flu pipe is brand new. I adjusted the dampener for every position and nothing seems to help. Is this normal or what should I do? bjr23

Sounds like you need to increase your pellet feed rate and cut back a bit on the combustion air. Should be able to get help with settings from other Whitfield owners here. But you need to feed the pot more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.