1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Independence Premium Wood Pellet

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Tony K, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tony K

Tony K Member

Loc:
    Northeast Ct
    Anybody test these? or have tried them? haven't been able to find much info on these..

thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Independence is the sister pellet to Potomac. Pretty much the same pellet in a different bag. Potomac burn pretty good for me, But I still recommend you try a couple of bags before a large purchase just in case. :)
  3. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    I dig the potomacs too. would recommend.
  4. Tony K

Tony K Member

Loc:
    Northeast Ct
    Thanks for the info. I saw them advertised as a superhot btu "8800 btu" with minimal ash at .35% so it caught my eye and was curious if they put out the heat stated. It puts these right up there with Hamer's and Cubex as far as btu goes. May take a ride and pick up a few bags and give them a try, also may try "Curran Optimal Super Premium Softwood" listed at 8900 btu. Anyone try Currans?

Thanks
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
  6. Tony K

Tony K Member

Loc:
    Northeast Ct
    Jay,

Curran Ideal Premium Hardwood/ Softwood Blend 259/ton

Curran Optimal Super Premium Softwood 269/ton

Independence Premium Pellets 254/ton

This is what they are priced at currently but they are offering buy 3 tons or more and get delivery for 39.00. I'm sure there is a max distance involved here for that price.

I will keep an eye on these to see if a spring buy price is offered.

Tony
  7. Jafo

Jafo Member

Loc:
    Northern NY
    I am about half way through my first bag of these. I cleaned the glass and the inside of the stove before I started these. So far everything still looks clean but I haven't opened up the stove to see how much ash there is. The heat output seems better than the hardwood pellets I have been using but that it totally unscientific.

So far, so good, but I want to burn a couple more bags before I decide.