inexpensive stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
I think Kingquad nailed the good and less expensive models pretty well . . . if going new Englander is pretty popular and well liked here.

If going used, choose carefully. This can be a tough time of year to go shopping for used stoves vs. waiting until Spring . . . but some possible deals are out there.

Ran into this ad up here in Maine . . . hard to say the actual condition without inspecting the stove in person . . . but to my untrained eye this appears to be a Woodstock Fireview for only $350 (although it requires another $300 or so in parts -- not sure which parts though . . . ad never mentions it.)

http://maine.craigslist.org/hsh/2675093242.html

Speaking of the older model Fireviews; anyone care to chime in on how well they operated in regards to efficiency and burn times? I will occasionally see the older models for sale and I have always wondered what the difference was.

Status
Not open for further replies.