Info/Manual for Flame 95' Wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanoL

Dec 31, 2014
New Brunswick Canada
Hello,

I have recently purchased a home with a wood stove that I am still trying to figure out. I was hoping to find a manual for it but the manufacturer's web site didn't list the model and none of their discontinued models look like mine. In particular I'm interested in finding out how to use the dial-style air Intake adjustments (e.g. Where is half-open) on either side of the unit.

From the plate it would appear to be a "Flame 95". Also attached is a photo of the stove.

Thanks for any help!

Dean
image.jpg image.jpg

No info or help.. but great looking casting. :)

somebody from canada will have info for you a lot of them up here

I googled flame 95 wood stove manual and found it i think .i downloaded it to my comp if you can't find it i'll have my daughter upload it for you

Wow... I spent an hour searching for it and found nothing about that specific model. Do you have the link? I can download it (or you can post it). Thanks!
here you go

Attachments

• 32017192006359.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 352
unfortunately that manual isn't for my model. The way it is written it could be for any wood stove really.

Does anyone know how to know how "open" or "shut" the air controls are from the knobs on the side? I've been assuming the one of the left controls the flu and the one on the right controls the air coming in at the stove.

Generally, from what I have seen, any air controls on the stove only control air into the stove, and any flue stuff is done (if needed) on the pipe with a key damper.. so i bet you have two primary air controls. I know the Fisher's had two..

Generally, from what I have seen, any air controls on the stove only control air into the stove, and any flue stuff is done (if needed) on the pipe with a key damper.. so i bet you have two primary air controls. I know the Fisher's had two..

Then I don't have a flue damper then. Should I have one installed? Otherwise I assume I will lose a bunch of heat up the chimney.

Unless you have uberdraft or a leaky stove, or are unable to throttle it down with the control knobs.. No. As long as you can control air flow, doesn't seem to matter if it's on the intake or exhaust side.

Status
Not open for further replies.