Info on Burn Ban in New York State

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a huge pile in my burn pit that is 8 feet tall. I was waiting until we got a good rain, and then planning on burning on the second good rain we got. While it was raining. Not going to happen. Looks like I will be getting the tractor out and loading it into the loader and spreading it out in the woods to rot. No fun drinking a beer while I watch it rot and get eatin by mosquitoes.?;hm

We burned off our pile of junk wood about 2 days before the ban was announced. We were going to wait until it rained but the neighbors were having a party and we wanted to clean up so it wasn't in their view. We had access to a hose that reached the pit, but had no need for it.

I was camping on Lake George last week and saw that posted at the ranger station. I didn't realize it was state wide. Oops. I had my outside wood stove going Sunday night. I wonder how that fits in the ban? It is very dry down here. I have not cut the grass in two weeks and may not for another week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.