Input on Ebay listing: Hearthstone, size of earlier Heritage looks like current Mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cath

Feeling the Heat
Jul 31, 2007
http://cgi.ebay.com/HEARTHSTONE-MAN...ryZ41987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like it can burn Pea Coal as well as wood, not that I have easy access to coal.

I don't know if the Seller can post a picture of the back so I can see the EPA tag.

He is willing to move it 100 miles but it's about 1,100 miles from me and it weighs about 470 Lbs. So I would need to arrange shipping. Does anyone have any guesstimates on shipping cost?

Currently the bidding is at $355.00. It's a long listing so it will be at least another week before it starts to approach it's final selling price.

Depending upon whether it is more comparable to the Mansfield or the Heritage the retail value new would seem to be about $2,400.00 to $2,800.00.

I'd appreciate any input. I've seen a couple of Ebay sales here that have gone well but my guess is that those Buyers have been close to where the Sellers were.

Thanks, ~Cath

Stay away from it unless you get it for $100
this stove has a bunch of Cast parts on the inside that Melt and burn out.
they last about 5 to 8 years and will cost you some cash to get new parts and some times you have to pop the top stone to get it all back together.
and that is if Hearthstone has the parts still.

This stove has NO secondary Combustion and is not a clean burning stove.
No way even close to the new Hearthstones in burn times and efficiency.

plus look at the small door. the new H1 is twice as large.

i have and use one of these stoves. it is a hearthstone 2. it was made in the late 80's it has a secondary burner
but has to be burning very hot to work and in turn it does not burn more than 3 or 4 hours before reloading
is needed. all in all is is a good stove and if you go more that the 4 hours it continues to heat from the heat
that was stored in the soapstones and it is good looking.

i bought mine for $200.00 and rebuilt it

Cath said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HEARTHSTONE-MANSFIELD-SOAPSTONE-WOOD-STOVE-FIREPLACE_W0QQitemZ180147366796QQihZ008QQcategoryZ41987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like it can burn Pea Coal as well as wood, not that I have easy access to coal.

I don't know if the Seller can post a picture of the back so I can see the EPA tag.

He is willing to move it 100 miles but it's about 1,100 miles from me and it weighs about 470 Lbs. So I would need to arrange shipping. Does anyone have any guesstimates on shipping cost?

Currently the bidding is at $355.00. It's a long listing so it will be at least another week before it starts to approach it's final selling price.

Depending upon whether it is more comparable to the Mansfield or the Heritage the retail value new would seem to be about $2,400.00 to $2,800.00.

I'd appreciate any input. I've seen a couple of Ebay sales here that have gone well but my guess is that those Buyers have been close to where the Sellers were.

Thanks, ~Cath

also with the cost of parts to rebuild i would not pay more than a couple for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.