Insert blower noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
I’ve had the Jotul 550 insert for 8 seasons. One of the blowers has started to make some more consistent noise. It’s like a whistle/rattle sound. Annoying.
Is there any ways to fix this or is it time for new blowers?

How long has it been since it was cleaned? When mine starts to rattle I know its time to take 'er out in the shop for a blowin out...

Reactions: Bad LP
How long has it been since it was cleaned? When mine starts to rattle I know its time to take 'er out in the shop for a blowin out...
I’ve never cleaned them. Next warmer day I’ll disconnect and blow them out with my air compressor. Thank you

I bet you will be shocked how matted up with stuff they are! They move a lot more air afterwards too!

Reactions: moresnow
I bet you will be shocked how matted up with stuff they are! They move a lot more air afterwards too!
Nice! I do it after the holidays, I’ll report back to let you know how it goes. Thanks again

Reactions: brenndatomu
Before you go ripping it apart try a vacuum with a brush or if no brush can get at it a long handled paint brush and the crevice nozzle on the shop vac.

Reactions: Ctwoodtick
On my Drolet 1400 you can just pop the blower box off and take it out, easy peasy...vac usually doesn't work very well...fiddly, time consuming...air hose much better!