Insert blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flash49

Hearth Supporter
Jul 3, 2009
Virginia
I'm pondering the idea of a blower for my Lopi Revere. Does anyone have any idea of how much it costs to run one of these? How many amps or watts?

The blowers with the square shaded pole motors commonly used in wood stoves typically draw 1-2 amps running at full speed. If you're wondering whether you gain enough additional heat vs the electricity consumed by the blower, the answer is yes for sure it's worth it to have the blower.

Hey ..Thanks for the response. Now if I can find the money to buy one, I'll be in business and warm.

I have one on my Avalon insert. Never really thought about the cost to run it, but the difference between it on and off is about double the heat output. ControlFreak is right, it's really worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.