Insert help and questions (New)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

swanderek

Jan 16, 2018
Tacoma, WA
Hey everyone,

I am looking to put an insert in my 90s Temco Prefab wood fireplace. I have checked with insurance, Certified Chimney sweep came out and 3 local shops said I was good to go. Yes, they all said a liner is a must. However, they said the Regency 1200I and the Striker 160C are my options. Both are around 3,000- 3500 for everything installed. My house is 2,200 though. Will these keep my house around 70 with an outside temp around 40-50? (I live close to Seattle) Are there any other inserts I should consider?

Fireplace dimensions:
21 Hight
15 Depth
31 wide Opening
18 wide very back

My budget is Absolute max around 4,000. Free standing stove and new EPA fireplace are out of the question. this is a 6-9 year house at the most.

Thanks for your help and advice, I have been racking my brain at this.