Insert identification / insulation question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Solagracia89

Nov 24, 2021
Claremore,OK
Hi,

I just moved in to a new home with a nice fireplace insert. Is anyone able to help me ID this with the manufacturer ? Pic attached.

Also, I've owned fireplace inserts in the past but have never seen insulation sitting above the secondary burner baffle and still inside the firebox.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Insert identification / insulation question Insert identification / insulation question

Yes, it's not uncommon for there to be an insulation blanket on top of the baffle. The blanket needs to lay flat and not be bunched up toward the rear.

The fireplace looks like a Quadrafire 7100, but it may be a sibling in the same HHT family, perhaps a version under the Superior brand. Download the Quad 7100 manual and check it out.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it appears to be one of the QF 7100 models. It has different air control and ACC control, and same fan override + fan control knob. However, I was not able to find a manual for this specific unit. I found a video that features a similar unit , but not the same.

At 6:54, it mentions a 'baffle protection unit' that should cover the blanket, which seems to be missing on my unit. Not sure if it is safe to start up at this point.

Insert identification / insulation question

The baffle board protector is a narrow, but wide metal piece that goes in front of the leading edge of the baffle. It lookedmissing in the first pictures, but you are on site and can see better. This is mostly to stop logs from banging against the fragile boards. Not a safety issue per se.

The manual for the 7100 is here. Give it time to load, it's a big file because it includes the installation and owners manuals in one file.

Thanks....one thing is that my levers are different. I don't quite understand. Pic attached earlier. The one without the gold handle is definitely a timer, but the right one with the handle doesn't look like it is connected to it the way the manual shows.. also there is no 3rd aux air control lever.