insert ques

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Williams

Oct 1, 2013
Dexter MI
ok i have an older fisher, planning on installing with a direct vent with block off plate (planning on doing a full ss flex liner when finances are there). does anyone have suggestions on if i should use the brown death insulation above the block off plate, i'm kinda worried about the creosote landing on the top. as it is now i have to fabricate a hub for the top of my insert to pipe it up to the chimney, it has a 7.5" hole that's flat across the top so im probably going to use a 8" sch 10 pipe and cut and shrink it but i'm thinking about tapering it to 6" (is this a bad idea?) so the liner is cheaper. any help is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.