Insert Recommendations???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the size of the fireplace you are putting it in and some other clearances. I've had my Lopi Declaration for a full season and don't have any complaints other than I wish it was self loading. It will only stick out about an inch onto the hearth.

Attachments

• stove.JPG
    stove.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 864
While were on Lopi,,,I was looking today,,,they go from around 1" to 10", and have one or two around 4"to5",,,also coming out with a cast model insert

I love my hampton insert. 75000 btus 77 percent efficient if I remember correctly...

Take a look at the Blaze King Princess insert. It sticks out 4 or 5 inches from the looks of it.

Bubbavh said:
It depends on the size of the fireplace you are putting it in and some other clearances. I've had my Lopi Declaration for a full season and don't have any complaints other than I wish it was self loading. It will only stick out about an inch onto the hearth.

What did the Lopi Declaration cost you? You are located relatively close by so pricing should be about the same for me.

I'm all over the place right now in terms of what to buy. I go from thinking I should just buy used, get the installation in so I have the second stove ready to go and keep my costs way down with the understanding that I will replace the stove in 3-5 years. OR, get what I really want and bite the bullet when it comes to costs.

BrowningBAR said:
Bubbavh said:

What did the Lopi Declaration cost you? You are located relatively close buy so pricing should be about the same for me.

I'm all over the place right now in terms of what to buy. I go from thinking I should just buy used, get the installation in so I have the second stove ready to go and keep my costs way down with the understanding that I will replace the stove in 3-5 years. OR, get what I really want and bite the bullet when it comes to costs.

$4300 installed

I would say to look at the Jotul Kennebec 450. Top of the line and you can adjust how far it sticks out into the room.
Great Stove made by a top of the line manufacturer that has been making them for many many years.

I have the Lopi Declaration as well and I actually recess installed mine so that it doesn't come out over the hearth at all. Love the stove, love the looks. Good luck!

I bit the bullet and bought a Jotul 550 last year. We heated our 1500 sq ft home, with all glass on one side, fourteen ft high ceilings with that stove all winter,never used any propane and that was with questionably dry fuel . I believe in buying once correctly rather then twice. I already have five cords for next year, so heating will be even easier next season. Plus the wife wanted a good looking insert, the Jotul fills that bill also.

PE (Pacific Energy)pacific sticks out about that far and I love mine.!

^ what he said. The front of the PE gets quite toasty :)

I had to put a fireplace screen infront of it, so the puppy wouldn't go near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.