Insert Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davo

Apr 24, 2015
CT
I am looking for a thermometer for my insert. I have an IR gun that I use to measure the stove top temperature and I am looking for a thermometer that I can use that can notify me if the temperature goes above a certain temperature. Ex. when the stove temp rises above 700, it will notify me with a beeping sound.

Do they make anything like this? I have one for my smoker that is a probe which tells the temperature and beeps when it exceeds a certain temperature. I am looking for one that is good for wood stoves and has the probe sit on the stove top for a digital reading of the temperature.

I have something that looks like this..

61i9WqNC-JL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you! Can this probe just sit on the stovetop of my insert to get an accurate reading? Thanks again.

On a Hampton HI200, where do you guys think the best place would be to mount the probe?

That is neat, it can be hard with an insert to find a good spot for a regular magnetic stove top thermometer, only place mine will fit is the front left side. I use an IR gun to read the top when I need to. This would be a nice setup, stick that magnet on center top and I could see the temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.