Install emergency

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvillanz

Nov 21, 2013
irvine pa
Installing enviro mini, I got he hole cut and I see wiring at the top of the hole . How close can wires be from the thimble ?

I assume you mean wires in the wall or ceiling? I would think not very close at all!

The thimble is used to maintain your clearances. Insulation, wood, sheetrock, wires can all go right against the outside of the thimble with no issue.

The only time boxing would be needed is if there is a stud right where you want the thimble to go, otherwise it's unnecessary.

Installing enviro mini, I got he hole cut and I see wiring at the top of the hole . How close can wires be from the thimble ?

I had the same issue. While its ok to have the wires near the thimble, I added some ROXUL SAFE'n'SOUND around the thimble for added peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.