Install finally complete...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brooktrout

Dec 23, 2007
Hamden, NY
Well, the installation of my second-hand Buckstove insert is finally complete, except for a new coat of paint. I couldn't wait to use it, so the paint will have to wait till summer. Waddya think?

Attachments

• 382329109207_0_BG.jpg
    382329109207_0_BG.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 192329109207_0_BG.jpg
    192329109207_0_BG.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 297
I didn't inquire about it. No one around here does. Small town, about 800 people, no one even gets building permits unless it's a brand new house in prominent location. Sad but true. The stonework you see in the pic is only 1/3 of it. Can't fit it all in the frame. The exterior of the house has the stone as well. Thanks for the compliment. I did a lot of research and had a teacher from a SUNY school in HVAC give me a hand.

Congratulations brooktrout. That insert goes well in your large fireplace and nice trim detail around the insert. Should get some nice heat out of that large unit. Keep us posted on how it heats.

Status
Not open for further replies.