Install Pricing...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdeuce

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 11, 2008
Western, PA
I know this can vary a huge amount, but I'm looking for some feedback so I know what to expect. I will be buying a new stove tomorrow and I don't want to get sticker shock when I see the install bill. I am going to have a through wall instalation with about 20' of triple wall up the side of the house with two 30 degree elbows and a roof support. Any ideas of what I can expect. I know (kind of) what the materials are going to cost, but what kind of numbers am I looking at for labor. Can I expect a typical contractors hourly wage or is it higher? Again, I know this is case by case.

Thanks
Chris

Our normal charge would be $595 for wood stove + chimney installed within our local area. With that type of a vent run there would probably be at least an extra $100 of labor if not more.

I just had two estimates on installing a buck stove into an existing fireplace on the lower level of a 2 story house and the cost of installation alone prevents me from buying a stove. The estimates range from 1800 - 2050 for materials and installation. I was expecting it to be high but that was a bit of a shock. Add in the cost of the stove and it will take too long to make up the savings on the gas bill.

Your install appears similar to my install from last fall. Stove (Napoleon 1400): $1350. Install: $2750.

Going with galvanized rather than stainless may save you a couple hundred.

They told me $1000.00 plus anything they run into. So I just bought the Mansfield and chimeny and I plan to go for it on my own. Starting tomorrow, so wish me luck. I will post pics of the progress, or lack of......

I was quoted $1200.00
I ended up doing it myself with some help from the fine folks at this forum.

$1500 for an insert in the fireplace with full liner (plus the cost of the stove). A 2-story house and no head for heights prevented me from doing it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.