Install Question Is this possible....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdeuce

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2008
Western, PA
Here is the deal... In my living room I have a wall.... On the other side of that wall is a bathroom. The bathroom was an add-on to the house and the roof is just one story, where-as the roof for the rest of the house is three stories. I want to know if it is possible to put the stove on the living room side of that wall, run the flue pipe into a wall thimble, use a 12" section of triple wall to go throught the wall and into the bathroom. Then use an elbow or cleanout Tee to then go through the roof of the bathroom with triple wall to the outside of the house. I would then box in the triple wall pipe that would be exposed in the bathroom to finish it off.

Basically use a through wall kit to take the chimney into the next room (still inside the house) and then elbow it up and use a throught the roof kit to go up through the roof in the bathroom.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Floor plan?

I'm the Floor Plan Lady !!!! :)

So you will be running the pipe along side the wall of the 2 story section?

wendell said:
So you will be running the pipe along side the wall of the 2 story section?

Yes, that's correct. It will be about 1' away in order to get past the overhang from the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.