Install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Hearth Supporter
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
This proposed install location for the pellet stove venting is a no go due to the door correct? That door is not used and is a secondary door to the front.

Install question

I would contact you local code inspection person and talk abot your installation. Where i live the door would have to be removed and wall rebuilt. Not to mention the window is close too

Possibly up through the ceiling & roof.

Thanks for the replies, that is what I figured, opening window within 4ft and the door is icing on the cake. Might have to look at a wiseway since it has a top exhaust.

Just curious....how does a top exhaust change anything?

And the wiseway has to go straight up through the roof. They dont like bends in the vent. So im missing something here:confused:

Stove clearance to combustibles varies from stove to stove. Usually around 16”. Venting is usually 1-3. A top vent stove will need to be the same distances from the walls as a rear vent. I still don’t understand your thinking.

Here are the minimum clearance requirements for the wiseway
Install question

Install question

Here’s my point. This is for a Serenity stove. Note the corner clearance is the same for a thru the wall, or vertical vent. Just because a stove is a top vent....doesn’t mean it will take up less floor space.

Reactions: Ssyko
You would use the same if not a bit more floorspace with the wiseway