Installed a Enerzone Destination 2.7

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
I made the plunge - it was a very tough decision I hope I don’t regret but I really like the look and how big the window is! Fingers crossed it pumps out enough heat and has the durability of my previous summit.
here are some pics
08AC6474-333B-44CE-8FEF-4A82564C1FBF.jpeg08AC6474-333B-44CE-8FEF-4A82564C1FBF.jpeg0525CC2C-C53C-4DCD-8FA0-3BD666808961.jpeg029DA904-6632-487C-8FD6-FA69B3537F0F.jpeg63EA9523-9183-4C76-A9BA-7C75EDDAD355.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B0A46C4-4FE0-403A-9317-F9FE73106D55.jpeg
    7B0A46C4-4FE0-403A-9317-F9FE73106D55.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: begreen
Looks like it's time for a signature line update.

Not so fast! I have this running and VERY disappointed!! The fan doesn’t seem to move much air at all! The airflow was much better with the surround off! With it on you can barely feel the air on high!! NO WAY this is heating 2k.. The radiant heat from the glass is a killer but I could feel airflow from my summit 10ft away on high. The stove is hot as hell secondaries are great! But the heat isn’t coming out.
I insulated back wall of the fireplace- block off plate insulated.... the chamber after the damper - insulated. Wtf ... so angry right now.. There was another gentleman who encountered the same issue and we thought it was his wood smh.

Is there a casing arund the stove with a space all around the stove, or is the insulation up against the outside of the stove firebox? If the later, there may be no airflow to distribute the heated air.

Is there a casing arund the stove with a space all around the stove, or is the insulation up against the outside of the stove firebox? If the later, there may be no airflow to distribute the heated air.
Hey hog!
the insert is enclosed with a case. It’s the decorative arch thingy is constricting the airflow. I will have to come up with something to change this.

Hey hog!
the insert is enclosed with a case. It’s the decorative arch thingy is constricting the airflow. I will have to come up with something to change this.
Take that center surround panel the f off, and make a new one that is open at the top to allow the heated air out. Something like the Summit you had prior.

Take that center surround panel the f off, and make a new one that is open at the top to allow the heated air out. Something like the Summit you had prior.
Will do! Really kicking myself for not getting another summit- The big window is great to see the fire however gets dirt y/black really quick . I took the decorative piece out as you suggested. I feel robbed having to take the piece off as it changes the look but - as of now I want the heat lol so it’s off

Will do! Really kicking myself for not getting another summit- The big window is great to see the fire however gets dirt y/black really quick . I took the decorative piece out as you suggested. I feel robbed having to take the piece off as it changes the look but - as of now I want the heat lol so it’s off
Maybe you can modify the pc to be more functional?

No shot in that i thought about but the labor would be costly
I am going to have a shop make another one with a more straightforward functional design hoping to get adjustable louvers in there.