Installed and uninstalled a new grundfos 26-99

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2009
WI
Bought a new 26-99 off eBay, installed it tonight and had to take it out. I am glad I tested the flow before I started my boiler and got it real hot. The impeller does not turn but the motor gets real hot.

Dang it!!!

gg

goosegunner said:
Bought a new 26-99 off eBay, installed it tonight and had to take it out. I am glad I tested the flow before I started my boiler and got it real hot. The impeller does not turn but the motor gets real hot.

Dang it!!!

gg

Did you try turning it manually? I think you can take a screwdriver and try to turn it from the opposite end of the rotor? It might just be stuck a little from sitting. Doesn't take much to hold them from turning.

Tell the seller you want your money back. If it was advertised as used they have to refund it, or Ebay will refund it & get it back from the seller, Randy

Pat53 said:
goosegunner said:

Dang it!!!

gg

Did you try turning it manually? I think you can take a screwdriver and try to turn it from the opposite end of the rotor? It might just be stuck a little from sitting. Doesn't take much to hold them from turning.

I did that and it still won't spin with power, checked for obstructions and it's clear. The impeller turns by hand and screw driver.

gg

Singed Eyebrows said:
Tell the seller you want your money back. If it was advertised as used they have to refund it, or Ebay will refund it & get it back from the seller, Randy

They were new.

I just heard back from the seller he said they will send a new one.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.