insulated pex under driveways

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
I'm running my pex under two driveways and one is paved. I want to cut the pavement to make a neater patch job afterward. I'm told a 12 inch wide trench is ideal for the pipe I'm using, so I'll be using something with a 12 inch bucket. It's pure sand everywhere else I've dug around here so I'm guessing that once I get below the road base, caving will be an issue. So I'm thinking that the cut in the pavement should be wider than the 12 inch trench. How much wider?

Anybody here with experience with this?

Thanks

Cardinal excavation in Farmington NH had a gopher that would go under a driveway so you would not have to cut the pavement. They drilled under a driveway for a water line and it was great. I just remembered they had a shop fire so do not know if in survived. I will check tomorrow

Doug thanks,

Let me know. That sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.